Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jamesst <st...@logica.com> on 2009/04/21 20:02:20 UTC

Language interoperability

I am trying to find out if the openwire protocol when sending messages that
have byte arrays ensures language and platform independence? If it does not
then do any other transport protocols ensure this.

Re: Language interoperability

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

jamesst wrote:

> I am trying to find out if the openwire protocol when sending messages
> that have byte arrays ensures language and platform independence? If it
> does not then do any other transport protocols ensure this.
>
> Linux, windows and Solaris. Solaris will be the problem endian issue.

The clients for C++, .Net and Java all take endianness into account and
should work fine on those platforms.

Regards
Tim.

Re: Language interoperability

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 11:02 -0700, jamesst wrote:
> I am trying to find out if the openwire protocol when sending messages that
> have byte arrays ensures language and platform independence? If it does not
> then do any other transport protocols ensure this.

What languages and platforms are you planning to run on?

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com