Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/02/04 11:46:36 UTC

Applying Patch Fixes to Guththila in 1.3.0

Hi all,

I see that there are a number of issues, reported and patched when it
comes to the Guththila parser. Wouldn't it be better if we could add these
to the 1.3.0 release?

Regards,
Senaka

RE: Applying Patch Fixes to Guththila in 1.3.0

Posted by Bill Mitchell <bm...@austin.rr.com>.
While working on the axis2_libcurl code, I was frequently verifying the SOAP messages in memory on their way to the server, sometimes using the guththila parser and sometimes using libxml.  A new behavior I noticed was that one could enable an xml declaration at the front of the xml document using libxml.  But this new feature does not seem to work with guththila.  Initially I thought this was because the libxml is willing to default the version information when it is passed a character encoding but no version, whereas guththila xml writer treats this as an error.  But then I noticed that, beyond this, the guththila_xml_writer has no support at all for generating the xml declaration.  Which is understandable; after all, SOAP 1.1 says the xml declaration is not allowed in SOAP messages.

Given that this ability to insert the xml declaration is claimed to be a feature of the new release, I take it that this is a bug in guththila that needs to be written up?  This might prevent the adoption of guththila as the default parser if it omits support needed for a feature in the new release.

Bill Mitchell

wtmitchell3@acm.org

I see that there are a number of issues, reported and patched when it
comes to the Guththila parser. Wouldn't it be better if we could add these
to the 1.3.0 release?

+1 , May be we can make guththila the default parser after fixing those.

thanks,
Dinesh

--
http://nethu.org/

Re: Applying Patch Fixes to Guththila in 1.3.0

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.