Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org> on 2014/11/14 01:40:49 UTC

Suggest dictionaries not rebuilding after restart

We have to manually rebuild the suggest dictionaries after a restart. This seems odd, since someone else had a problem because they did rebuild after restart.

We’re running 4.7 and our dictionaries are configured like this. We do this for several fields.

    <lst name="suggester">
      <str name="name">fieldName</str>
      <str name="lookupImpl">FuzzyLookupFactory</str>
      <str name="dictionaryImpl">DocumentDictionaryFactory</str>
      <str name="field">fieldName</str>
      <str name="weightField">qualityScore</str>
      <str name="suggestAnalyzerFieldType">string</str>
      <str name="buildOnCommit">true</str>
    </lst>

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org
http://observer.wunderwood.org/

Re: Suggest dictionaries not rebuilding after restart

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@safaribooksonline.com>.
Yeah - I would want it fixed as a default setting of some sort, maybe
in-built in the Suggester class, so you wouldn't be required to have
something in config to make it work in a reasonable way. Glad my
insomnia went to some purpose.

-MIke

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
That fixed it.