Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tanmay Ghorai <tg...@cisco.com> on 2002/03/25 15:18:05 UTC

Logical OR, AND etc....in Struts

Hi All,
 Can you please let me know how to write Logical OR, AND etc in the Jsp
pages using struts Logic template.
Thanks and Regds
Tanmay

Re: Logical OR, AND etc....in Struts

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
The logic tags are not designed to do anything so complex. Generally
complex logic would be resolved in the Action before forwarding to the
bean, or by some helper JavaBean in the request that would return a
simple value that would be meaningful to a page designer. It's important
to remember that Struts encourages the use of tags as way of exposing
JavaBean properties, not as a true programming element.

The logic tags can be nested, but resolving complex equations is outside
the intended scope.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services