Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by - <fr...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/31 05:54:35 UTC

Splited PDF page is about same size as the original

Hi,

Can you help me with the following problem?

I have tried to use Splitter and looping through each page via document's
catalog to try to get individual page from the original using Pdfbox 1.2.1,
the individual page resulted from both methods are about same as the
original. The orignal PDF that has 13,000 pages with size about 14MB, and
each page after splitting is also about 14MB. Do you what is wrong? Thanks
in advance.

Jean

Re: Splited PDF page is about same size as the original

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 31.07.2010 05:54, schrieb -:
> Hi,
>
> Can you help me with the following problem?
>
> I have tried to use Splitter and looping through each page via document's
> catalog to try to get individual page from the original using Pdfbox 1.2.1,
> the individual page resulted from both methods are about same as the
> original. The orignal PDF that has 13,000 pages with size about 14MB, and
> each page after splitting is also about 14MB. Do you what is wrong? Thanks
> in advance.
Two days ago someone already filed an issue [1]. I didn't have a look at the
source, but it seems that all resources will be copied to every part of the
splitted pdf, wether they are necessary or not.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-785