Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com> on 2006/11/28 04:24:27 UTC

Unable to connect to mail store

On a machine where I'm able to send emails out using `sendmail', can I do the same with OFBiz? Or
does JavaMailContainer require some special SMTP setup?

I've tried entering into framework/common/config/general.properties values for properties
"mail.smtp.relay.host", "mail.smtp.auth.user" and "mail.smtp.auth.password". I used values that I
know should work (like the credentials of the SMTP server I am currently sending this email out
with). Doesn't work.

Re: Unable to connect to mail store

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Use the polling-delay property in ofbiz-containers.xml

Regards
Scott

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
How do I:

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Your tip works! Problem now is I need to disable the polling because I don't want my test instance
of OpenTaps to be connected to any real email mailbox. How do I do that?

Setting those properties ("mail.store.protocol", "mail.host", etc) in
framework/common/config/general.properties doesn't work. I think the OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf
document needs to be updated; there's no mention of your fix in there.

Jonathon

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Hi Scott,