Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Benny Lipsicas <be...@isoc.org.il> on 2008/06/11 09:32:44 UTC

Fast indexing?

Greetings,

I have been playing with nutch for an application that requires rather
quick indexing of a relatively small amount of data: indexing the first
level of 10 straight-forward urls (no regex).

On my very basic 0.5G Ram PC with nutch running in default form on
Windows (using Cygwin) this has never taken less than a minute to complete.

Assuming nutch will run on a more appropriate infrastructure - does
anyone know how faster can I expect it to run? Is 1 sec or less a
realistic result?

Benny