Posted to user@poi.apache.org by A Z <st...@live.co.uk> on 2013/03/08 05:04:34 UTC

Help with Excel and Images.

I want to add insert a new picture into an HSSFSheet.

I can go HSSFWorkBook.addPicture( bytes []..., int format).

-How do I have my picture appear in a particular HSSFSheet?

-Do I need to do anything futher with the int index that HSSFWorkBook.addPicture returns?

-If I am just inserting a floating image, how do I specify the (x,y) float location for the image?

-Is it possible to specify an (x,y) position or a cell position in the HSSFSheet to put the picture to?

-Is it possible to resize the Image after sending it's bytes across?  Or should one do this before hand?

Re: Help with Excel and Images.

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Fri, 8 Mar 2013, A Z wrote:
> I want to add insert a new picture into an HSSFSheet.
>
> I can go HSSFWorkBook.addPicture( bytes []..., int format).

That's only the first step

We've got some documentation on adding images to excel sheets:
http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/quick-guide.html#Images

Does following that get you the rest of the way?

Nick