Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by "Joshi, Hemant" <He...@AIG.com> on 2015/04/24 19:09:38 UTC

Widget Manager with per-user preference option

Hi,
   I am using Shindig as widget container. However it does not provide per-user preference option (like if a user has changed the widget location, it does not remember it next time). I believe Apache Rave does have this functionality. Since Rave is not production ready yet, is there a way, I can implement the similar functionality in my Shindig?

Hemant Joshi, PMP
AIG
Mobile +1 201 748 9680

Hemant.Joshi2@aig.com<ma...@aig.com> | www.aig.com<http://www.aig.com/>

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The information in this email (and any attachments hereto) is confidential and may be protected by legal privileges and work product immunities. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use or disseminate the information. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient is not a waiver of any attorney-client or work product privilege. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify me by "Reply" command and permanently delete the original and any copies or printouts thereof. Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by American International Group, Inc. or its subsidiaries or affiliates either jointly or severally, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

RE: Widget Manager with per-user preference option

Posted by "Joshi, Hemant" <He...@AIG.com>.
Thanks Matt for your help.

Is there any commercial opensocial container available with per user preference option in market ? As you mentioned, I looked into Apache Rave; however since it's not production ready yet, I can just take the reference and have to spent a lots of efforts before I can build something which can be used in production.

There are few enterprise social platforms available which does have such per user preference containers. However it's available as complete package and we don't need the complete social platform. I am just looking for the stand alone container which can be used in my application.

Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Hemant Joshi, PMP

>    I am using Shindig as widget container. However it does not provide
> per-user preference option (like if a user has changed the widget
> location, it does not remember it next time). I believe Apache Rave
> does have this functionality. Since Rave is not production ready yet,
> is there a way, I can implement the similar functionality in my Shindig?

If you don't want to use Rave directly, the code can serve as a guideline on how you would integrate it yourself.

IMO, that is a lot of work to take on yourself.  We would always welcome new contributors here that are looking to apply effort to the common project.

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.