Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Admin Netcrystals <ad...@netcrystals.at.INVALID> on 2023/02/01 04:36:44 UTC

Re: A plain Java module shared between multiple Netbeans modules

I use Maven. Does this make a difference?

Honestly speaking wrapping each plan Java  module is quite a lit if work and
putting them all in one wrapper module is also not a good idea (I have 40 of
them).

However, I understand that Netbeans has to track the dependencies so I will
wrap each module. Makes more sense to me.

Thanks.

Netcrystals

* * *

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 1 Feb 2023 at 10:36, Admin Netcrystals <ad...@netcrystals.at> wrote:
> I use Maven. Does this make a difference?

Only that the way to do it might be a little different to that
mentioned on those pages.

> Honestly speaking wrapping each plan Java  module is quite a lit if work and putting them all in one wrapper module is also not a good idea (I have 40 of them).

Personally, if they're a suite of plain Java modules that work
together, I'd wrap them in a single shared NetBeans module.  Depends
what split makes sense in the architecture of your application.  But
if they're all individual then you'll also have to consider any
dependencies between them, what makes sense to be activated
independently, and which are intended to be exposed as API.

eg. with your A, B and C examples

Wrapper wraps A, B and C

NX and NY both depend on Wrapper.

Best wishes,