Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com> on 2005/10/26 13:50:27 UTC

Fwd from eclipse WTP newsgroup

Darren Bell wrote:

> Brian Bonner wrote:
>
>> Is there anyway to ensure that the M2_REPO variables that are
>> included as part of the build path are also included in the WEBAPP
>> Library variables that are used at runtime?
>>
>> Under the package explorer, Web App Libraries build path is empty.
>

> We've hit this problem as well.  What we'd like to have is classpath
> variables for WTP web apps, like you can for normal java projects.
> This has been an issue for us as we'd like to not store libs in CVS,
> but have them liked in via the M2_REPO classpath variable.

> Anyone know whether this will be added to a future WTP or eclipse?

 From what I understand, it is already there:
Manually edit the .wtpmodule file and add

<dependent-module deploy-path="/WEB-INF/lib"
handle="module:/classpath/var/M2_REPO/[groupId]/jars/[artifactId]-[version].jar"/>

for all maven dependencies.

I am pretty sure the m2 eclipse plugin can be patched to generate those
lines for you.

cheers,

Patrick