Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Tario <pa...@tario.org> on 2011/05/01 13:29:16 UTC

Deploying WAB on karaf

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a very simple WAB bundle on karaf but failed.

The bundle currently only consists of a static example html page, a manifest
and a web.xml.

I have the following features installed in karaf that might be relevant:

application-without-isolation
http
jetty

I tried copying both the bundle with a .jar extension into the deploy folder
which resulted in the bundle being loaded but the content still not
accessible over the web. And also a .wab extension which resulted in no
reaction at all.

There is no log entry whatsoever.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Patrick --

Re: Deploying WAB on karaf

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Another

feedback of me :)

for wabs it is required to install the war feature,
the other two related only support http service and on top the http
service white-board extender.

with the war feature you also get a web:xx (available since karaf
2.2.0) command that gives you the possibility to list the
web contexts available.

regards, Achim

2011/5/2 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>:
> Hi Tario,
>
> you need two things:
>
> 1/ you need to install the war Karaf feature:
>
> features:install war
>
> It provides Pax Web including Whiteboard extender.
>
> 2/ your bundle should contain:
>
> <Web-ContextPath>contextpath</Web-ContextPath>
> <Webapp-Context>contextpath</Webapp-Context>
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 05/01/2011 01:29 PM, Tario wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to deploy a very simple WAB bundle on karaf but failed.
>>
>> The bundle currently only consists of a static example html page, a
>> manifest
>> and a web.xml.
>>
>> I have the following features installed in karaf that might be relevant:
>>
>> application-without-isolation
>> http
>> jetty
>>
>> I tried copying both the bundle with a .jar extension into the deploy
>> folder
>> which resulted in the bundle being loaded but the content still not
>> accessible over the web. And also a .wab extension which resulted in no
>> reaction at all.
>>
>> There is no log entry whatsoever.
>>
>> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Patrick --
>> http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Deploying-WAB-on-karaf-tp2885987p2885987.html
>> Sent from the Karaf - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

*Achim Nierbeck*

Committer & Project Lead

Re: Deploying WAB on karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Tario,

Re: Deploying WAB on karaf

Posted by Tario <pa...@tario.org>.
I thought I had already replied. I figured this out after the last reply.

Thanks a lot everyone, it works now perfectly.--

Re: Deploying WAB on karaf

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
you need install 'war' feature

features:install war

-D

Re: Deploying WAB on karaf

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Deploying WAB on karaf

Re: Deploying WAB on karaf

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
You will also need pax-web. Web container extender is part of pax-web.

Thanks,

Raj