Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2013/01/29 18:58:08 UTC

Should the compiler also fix up the HTML wrapper?

Any objections to adding a feature to Falcon/FalconJS/FalconJX to take additional arguments and fix up the HTML wrapper (or –app.xml for AIR)?  I know compilers really should just compile, but the compiler knows much of the information that needs to be substituted into those files.

For Falcon, I would add an option like –html.template=<path to html template> and –air.template=<path to –app.xml template>

FalconJS/FalconJX would also support –js.source-path=<path to more JS source> to point to the framework (and goog if we use that) files.

Thoughts?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Should the compiler also fix up the HTML wrapper?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Also, the Closure Compiler has plenty of configuration options (not in
the least the level of optimisation). The various output types might
want/need to make their calls differently. The solution we're looking
for should take that into account, if possible.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Should the compiler also fix up the HTML wrapper?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 1/29/13 10:20 AM, "Michael Schmalle" <ap...@teotigraphix.com> wrote:

> If you view a discussion started by Roland and commented on by myself,
> you will see that configuration is what we are after and FLEXC
> compiler will answer this question.
>
> Yeah, I know... head in the clouds, but this is the EXACT reason we
> are going to do what we were talking about with a modular compiler.
> It's ridiculous to even ask this question and then go implement it in
> 3 different compilers.

I was unable to follow that thread.   I don't think we have three compilers
right now.  MXMLC and COMPC are pretty small front-ends to a common set of
classes and have their own configuration options.  What isn't modular about
that?

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.