Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by mjparme <mj...@west.com> on 2009/11/13 16:22:40 UTC

$velocityHasNext always returning false (Velocity 1.6.2)

It appears that $velocityHasNext is always returning false.

I have this in my template:

#foreach(${column} in
${columns})${column.columnName}#if(${velocityHasNext}),#end#end

The comma is never printed. However, if I change the condition to something
that is definitely true the comma printed, i.e.:

#foreach(${column} in ${columns})${column.columnName}#if(1 >0),#end#end

I have this property in velocity.properties:

directive.foreach.iterator.name = velocityHasNext

I just want to make sure I am not doing something stupid/obviously wrong
before opening an issue.

Can anyone provide insight?