Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/17 16:59:17 UTC

apr 1.5.x in a couple of weeks?

We already have a couple of fixes for build regressions and a critical
functional fix for the new FreeBSD release.  (See below.)

Others I'm interested in pushing along personally are the missing -DWINNT
define in the CMake-based build and the apr_dir_make_recursive() patch
posted yesterday (and more generally, testing that API better on Unix and
Windows).

What fixes are *you* interested in pushing along?

--- current changes ---

  *) Fix apr_escape.c compilation errors on ebcdic platforms.
     [Eric Covener]

  *) FreeBSD 10: Correct a regression in 1.5.0 which affected non-
     blocking sockets in some applications, including httpd.  [Jeff
     Trawick]

  *) Windows cmake build: Fix incorrect installation of some .pdb
     files.  [Jeff Trawick]

  *) apr_skiplist: Add compatibility with C++ applications.
     [Jeff Trawick]

  *) When using shmget-based shared memory, the ID used for ftok is
     now an APR hash of the filename instead of the constant '1'.
     PR 53996 [Jim Jagielski]

  *) Correct a regression in 1.5.0 which affected out-of-tree
     builds on Unix.  [Rainer Jung]

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/

Re: apr 1.5.x in a couple of weeks?

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 18.01.2014 15:44, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 5:07 AM, Branko Čibej <brane@apache.org
> <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 17.01.2014 16:59, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>     > We already have a couple of fixes for build regressions and a
>     critical
>     > functional fix for the new FreeBSD release.  (See below.)
>     >
>     > Others I'm interested in pushing along personally are the missing
>     > -DWINNT define in the CMake-based build and the
>     > apr_dir_make_recursive() patch posted yesterday (and more generally,
>     > testing that API better on Unix and Windows).
>     >
>     > What fixes are *you* interested in pushing along?
>
>     I'm going to take a closer look at Bert's patch for
>     apr_dir_make_recursive. What that actually means is that I'm going to
>     replicate the fix to the other implementations and get the whole lot
>     committed to trunk and ported to 1.5.x, because I already know his
>     patch
>     works on Windows.
>

> Cool!

This is now on trunk, 1.5.x and 1.4.x, with a new test case.

-- Brane

Re: apr 1.5.x in a couple of weeks?

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 5:07 AM, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 17.01.2014 16:59, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > We already have a couple of fixes for build regressions and a critical
> > functional fix for the new FreeBSD release.  (See below.)
> >
> > Others I'm interested in pushing along personally are the missing
> > -DWINNT define in the CMake-based build and the
> > apr_dir_make_recursive() patch posted yesterday (and more generally,
> > testing that API better on Unix and Windows).
> >
> > What fixes are *you* interested in pushing along?
>
> I'm going to take a closer look at Bert's patch for
> apr_dir_make_recursive. What that actually means is that I'm going to
> replicate the fix to the other implementations and get the whole lot
> committed to trunk and ported to 1.5.x, because I already know his patch
> works on Windows.

Cool!

> It would IMO be a valid fix for 1.4.x as well, if we want to ever deal
> with creating another 1.4 release.

Though there will probably never be another 1.4.x release, just backport
the fix if it is at all interesting to you instead of pondering the
imponderable.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.