Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/02 18:48:42 UTC

[Vote] Release Pivot 1.1

All:

The 1.1 release candidate is stable.
http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/pivot/ holds the release archives
(which were built from the 1.1 branch at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pivot/branches/1.1/), the
pgp KEYS file, and the RAT reports that were run on the release.

In addition, my pgp public code signing key can be found at the MIT
key server (http://pgp.mit.edu/) and The SKS key server
(http://www.pramberger.at/peter/services/keyserver/).

I've smoke tested this release by building the source within the
source artifact and using the binaries contained in the binary
artifact in a sample Pivot application.

Please vote to publish this release:

[+1] Publish
[=0] Don't care
[-1] Don't publish (specify why)

Upon a positive majority vote, the results of this vote will be
brought to the Incubator PMC and voted upon there.

Thanks,
-T

Re: [Vote] Release Pivot 1.1

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [Vote] Release Pivot 1.1

Posted by Noel Grandin <no...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [Vote] Release Pivot 1.1

Posted by Christopher Brind <br...@brindy.org.uk>.
+1

--
Sent from my mobile device

Re: [Vote] Release Pivot 1.1

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [Vote] Release Pivot 1.1

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 12:48 AM, Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please vote to publish this release:
>
> [+1] Publish
> [=0] Don't care
> [-1] Don't publish (specify why)

+1, BUT please fixed the license header in

  ./wtk/src/pivot/wtk/media/drawing/Ellipse.java
  ./wtk/src/pivot/wtk/media/drawing/Polygon.java

ASAP. I don't think it is reason enough to stop the release, as long
as it is corrected in the sources now, and pointed out to PMC when we
bring the vote there.

I also agree with Martijn, that the other files should be fixed up,
but as an incubating release I think it is not a showstopper either.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [Vote] Release Pivot 1.1

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
-1

There are some licensing issues to be resolved:

 - build.xml needs Apache License Header
 - several package.html also need Apache License header (I would put
it in all package.html files, to ensure that when the files get more
elaborate, they are appropriately licensed)
 - some other markup files also need Apache License header
 - there are some .java files without license header

-0
 - I wouldn't include the .project and .classpath files in the distribution.

Martijn

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All:
>
> The 1.1 release candidate is stable.
> http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/pivot/ holds the release archives
> (which were built from the 1.1 branch at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pivot/branches/1.1/), the
> pgp KEYS file, and the RAT reports that were run on the release.
>
> In addition, my pgp public code signing key can be found at the MIT
> key server (http://pgp.mit.edu/) and The SKS key server
> (http://www.pramberger.at/peter/services/keyserver/).
>
> I've smoke tested this release by building the source within the
> source artifact and using the binaries contained in the binary
> artifact in a sample Pivot application.
>
> Please vote to publish this release:
>
> [+1] Publish
> [=0] Don't care
> [-1] Don't publish (specify why)
>
> Upon a positive majority vote, the results of this vote will be
> brought to the Incubator PMC and voted upon there.
>
> Thanks,
> -T

Apache Wicket 1.3.5 is released

Re: [Vote] Release Pivot 1.1