Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by 刘鹏 <by...@163.com> on 2018/08/08 12:04:39 UTC

Error reading field 'version' when execute kafka-consumer-groups.sh

hi,
    I get an error when I run kafka-consumer-groups.sh.

    firstly,I run:
    ./kafka-consumer-groups.sh --command-config consumer.properties --bootstrap-server ip:port --list

    the result is:
    Note: This will not show information about old Zookeeper-based consumers.
    mygroup

    then,I run:
   ./kafka-consumer-groups.sh --command-config consumer.properties --bootstrap-server ip:port --describe --group mygroup

   the output I get is:
   Note: This will not show information about old Zookeeper-based consumers.
   Error: Executing consumer group command failed due to Error reading field 'version': java.nio.BufferUnderflowException

   my kafka version is:2.11-1.1.0,zookeeper version is:3.4.6,I have a 5 nodes zk cluster and a 5 node kafka brokers cluster,they are in the same 5 machine.I am using sarama-cluster as kafka client in golang.

   How can I find more detail of the error? Is anyone have some idea when this error occur?

   thanks a lot.

thank you
liupeng

Re: Error reading field 'version' when execute kafka-consumer-groups.sh

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
For the last error, please see KAFKA-6868