Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by greenbean <Ke...@ngc.com> on 2006/08/22 01:26:40 UTC

Deadlock 4.0.1 Delivery

I have a mdp that attempts to connect to a soap server.  The MDP does a
rollback and the message is redelivered on failure.  The soap server was
down today by chance.  I noticed that the rollback and redelivery stopped
after a period of time.  I ran the Jboss through JProfiler and it reported a
deadlock situation with the ServerSessionPoolImp used by the ActiveMQ
Schedulers.  Is this a known issue?

I can attempt to provide a test case if needed.  However, I thought I would
provide some of the output from JProfiler first to see if that is enough to
explain it, or get it fixed.

We deploy activemq 4.0.1 into JBoss 4.0.3SP1 as a RAR.  We use Jencks from
that I pulled from CVS a month or two ago so it would work correctly with
activemq 4.

http://www.nabble.com/user-files/235702/graph.png
http://www.nabble.com/user-files/235701/Current_monitor_usage.csv
Current_monitor_usage.csv

Re: Deadlock 4.0.1 Delivery

Posted by greenbean <Ke...@ngc.com>.
A note:  I was successful in reproducing this problem using activemq 4.0.2.

I did not explicitly mention that we set the maximumRedeliveries very high
since we want the message to be redelivered until the MDP is successul in
the request to a SOAP server.  It usually takes serveral hundred rollback
and redeliver cycles for the deadlock to occur.  So the chances of occurance
are pretty low.