Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Bharat Welingkar <Bh...@corp.palm.com> on 2003/03/26 00:14:51 UTC

Incubator Project

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I work in Palm Inc. and there has been some interest in forming an incubator project under Apache License for advancing enterprise mobile software components to wider audience. I have visited the incubator project page (which seems to be under construction) as well as read the FAQ, but can't seem to figure out what is the next step. Perhaps if you can forward this to appropriate person or send me information on who I need to talk to, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Bharat Welingkar
Application Architect, Palm Inc.

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />400 N. McCarthy Blvd. Milpitas, CA 95035, 408.503.7069
 <ma...@corp.palm.com> Bharat.Welingkar@corp.palm.com

Re: Incubator Project

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
The easiest thing to do is to build an existing codebase and attract a
community to it first.  It may be easier to start this elsewhere on
neutral ground like http://sourceforge.net.  If you have an interesting
project, I'd be happy to help advise on Apache voting rules, community
building,
etc for such a project.

-Andy...the one who is crying because his Palm V crashed for the first
time in 3 or so years and lost all of his data and he hasn't backed it
up in about a year :-(