Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Héctor Rivas Gándara <ke...@wanadoo.es> on 2004/09/15 19:46:50 UTC

Register a DateFormat for a locale unavaiable in the JRE

Hi,

I am looking into how to use locale for galician language formating dates (the
language code is gl, at Spain ES gl_ES). In JSDK 1.4.x all language version
does not include the "gl" locale.

We are developing a internationalized web aplication using JSP and
Jakarta-JSTL, and when we use the fmt:formatDate tag, we get the english
format (the default locale). The same if I use the
DateFormat.getDateInstance(...).

It seems that there is no way to add (or register) a new locale to the JRE.
So, Can I register a custom DateFormat for a specific locale to be used by
the fmt taglib?

Thank you!
--
Greets