Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Atul Agrawal <at...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/13 09:50:17 UTC

Assistance with Forgotten Password

Dear Derby Team,

I have forgotten the password for the Derby Database. Can you please guide
if there is any way to reset it or any other way to access the schema of
the database.

I am more concerned about schema then data. please let me know if there is
any guide for the same.

Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Atul Kumar Agrawal

Re: Assistance with Forgotten Password

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 2/13/13 12:50 AM, Atul Agrawal wrote:
> Dear Derby Team,
>
> I have forgotten the password for the Derby Database. Can you please
> guide if there is any way to reset it or any other way to access the
> schema of the database.
>
> I am more concerned about schema then data. please let me know if
> there is any guide for the same.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Atul Kumar Agrawal
> M.Tech in Software Engineering
> National University of Singapore
> Mobile Number: 85714676
Hi Atul,

I am sorry that you have lost your password. For obvious reasons, there
are no documented ways to subvert Derby authentication. If anyone comes
up with an undocumented approach which they want to share with Atul, I
appeal to you to observe the following etiquette:

1) Please send your response to Atul privately and not to the archived
public lists.

2) Please also send your response to private@db.apache.org. That list
will regard the approach as a security vulnerability which needs to be
closed.

Thanks,
-Rick