Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net> on 2003/02/26 22:38:45 UTC

[digester] site generated via Maven b8

The Maven project descriptors hav been upgraded to Maven b8 and the site has
been generated, the results of which can be seen here:
http://cvs.apache.org/~tobrien/digester/

The index.xml has been updated to match the more recent
commons/digester.html

What is the best process for moving this to daedalus?  And Fixing the links
on the Commons page?

--------
Tim O'Brien

RE: [digester] site generated via Maven b8

Posted by "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net>.
> The only thing we might want to think about is making the
> usage information in package.html (so that it goes in the
> Javadocs) more visible
> -- perhaps with a link from the navigation menu under project docs?

Done.  It links to digester/package-summary.html#package_description

Although it isn't necessary, it might be an interesting to put these docs
into xdoc, and generate them for the site.  One benefit of this would be the
ability to create a simple 8-10 page PDF for the docs.  On the other hand,
having to maintain two sets of the documentation may not be wise.  Just an
idea.

I'll wait until tomorrow and see if I can get this on the site.  I'll also
fix the commons project page to point to the right site, and also add a
redirect to the existing page.

--------
Tim O'Brien

RE: [digester] site generated via Maven b8

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, O'brien, Tim wrote:

> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:22:34 -0600
> From: "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net>
> To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List' <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: [digester] site generated via Maven b8
>
> Added Clover reports as well. Although, I can't figure out what it means
> that Digester has a 0.7% coverage.  It is more than possible that I have
> configured something incorrectly here.
>
> I'm assuming that all ASF projects have permission to use Clover based on
> Maven and Tapestry use, if this isn't the case, let me know.
>
> > There's no real process for moving things to daedalus for the
> > maven sites. Maven is able to deploy the site, or you can
> > just pick it up by hand and take it over there.
>
> Maven can do site deployment, but I'm wary.  I'll see what I can do on
> daedalus, but only after I wait for some lazy consensus from Craig and
> Robert.

Big +1 on using the Maven-generated site.  Nice work!

The only thing we might want to think about is making the usage
information in package.html (so that it goes in the Javadocs) more visible
-- perhaps with a link from the navigation menu under project docs?

> > Having daedalus generate the site would probably make a
> > sysadmin somewhere explode :)
>
> Well, I think this was discussed on another list a few days ago.  From what
> I gather, the idea is to use moof or nagoya as a staging server for daedalus
> which would have some automated process to rsync, etc...  I think the
> discussions are still developing.  The last thing I want to do is make a
> sysadmin explode - that would be very messy.
>
> --------
> Tim O'Brien

Craig

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 08:27 PM, O'brien, Tim wrote:

> What's the right way to go about this?  How should we proceed trying to
> reach a short-term goal of getting Clover's permission for Jakarta Commons
> as a subproject?
>
> I would send them an email myself, but it might be better if it came from
> PMC member.

my plan is to chill for a little while :)

coverage would be nice to have but it's not blocking anything. i'd like to
give people a chance to pick up the thread and express their opinions.

- robert

RE: [digester] site generated via Maven b8

Posted by "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net>.
What's the right way to go about this?  How should we proceed trying to
reach a short-term goal of getting Clover's permission for Jakarta Commons
as a subproject?

I would send them an email myself, but it might be better if it came from a
PMC member.

--------
Tim O'Brien

Posted by bob mcwhirter <bo...@werken.com>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net>.

Agreed. I take full responsibility here.  Apologies all around.

> on the clover web site, it says that free licenses are
> available for open
> source projects on application. i seem to remember talk about
> clover being
> made available for free for all apache projects but i don't
> know whether
> the ASF as a body possesses such a license or whether
> individual projects
> and sub-projects have applied for them separately.

This is an important question to answer.  It also might bring up some
important discussions relating to ASF future use of tools that have
restrictive licenses.

> i'm going to comment out the clover line until we can get
> some kind of
> official confirmation from the ASF one way or another.

I commented out Clover report from the temporary project site as well.

- Tim

RE: [digester] site generated via Maven b8

Posted by "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by "O'brien, Tim" <to...@transolutions.net>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi tim

i see that you've made your first digester commit. now that you're a
digester committer, please add your name to status.html.

- robert

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 09:38 PM, O'brien, Tim wrote:

> The Maven project descriptors hav been upgraded to Maven b8 and the site
> has
> been generated, the results of which can be seen here:
> http://cvs.apache.org/~tobrien/digester/
>
> The index.xml has been updated to match the more recent
> commons/digester.html
>
> What is the best process for moving this to daedalus?  And Fixing the
> links
> on the Commons page?
>
> --------
> Tim O'Brien

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Can I suggest adding a

# Display the date on the Maven web site
maven.xdoc.date = left

# Display the maven version the web site is documenting
maven.xdoc.version = ${pom.currentVersion}

to the project.properties so that the date and version are part of the
site?

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au