Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <me...@farewellutopia.com> on 2011/07/12 14:08:52 UTC

License header question

Hi Bertrand

Thanks for the info and your pointers. Running RAT I was wondering if
adding an additional apache license headerr to code which already has
a category A license is the right thing to do.

That's how rat suggest the file header to be:

/*
 *
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
 * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
 * distributed with this work for additional information
 * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
 * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
 * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
 * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *   http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
 * software distributed under the License is distributed on an
 * "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
 * KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
 * specific language governing permissions and limitations
 * under the License.
 *
*/

/*
Copyright (c) 2009, Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Code licensed under the BSD License:
http://developer.yahoo.net/yui/license.txt
version: 3.0.0
build: 1549
*/

Cheers,
Reto

Re: License header question

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Reto,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmür
<me...@farewellutopia.com> wrote:
> ...Thanks for the info and your pointers. Running RAT I was wondering if
> adding an additional apache license headerr to code which already has
> a category A license is the right thing to do....

I don't think so, in your example I'd keep just the existing BSD license header.

Then, indicate somewhere (in the JIRA that has the RAT results
probably) why RAT's complaining is ok for those files.

-Bertrand