Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/22 05:32:23 UTC

Spring extension module name

I have read all the README files, etc in the Implementation Spring and
I think I understand the particularity of the extension, but what I
couldn't figure out is why the module naming is not following the same
convention we follow for all other modules (e.g implementation-xxx,
implementation-xxx-runtime)... Does anyone have more details on this ?

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Spring extension module name

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 from me, for renaming the module to implementation-spring-runtime.
>
> I remember, we had a discussion to name it as implementation-spring-sca
> due to some design changes that happened some time back. But renaming
> it to implementation-spring-runtime makes more sense. Thanks.

Thanks, done in svn revision 958318

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: Spring extension module name

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have read all the README files, etc in the Implementation Spring and
>> I think I understand the particularity of the extension, but what I
>> couldn't figure out is why the module naming is not following the same
>> convention we follow for all other modules (e.g implementation-xxx,
>> implementation-xxx-runtime)... Does anyone have more details on this ?
>>
>> --
>> Luciano Resende
>> http://people.apache.org/~lresende
>> http://twitter.com/lresende1975
>> http://lresende.blogspot.com/
>>

> Hi Luciano
>
> Don't know. Ram made the change but svn comment doesn't say why. I
> note that the READMEs in both implementation-spring and
> implementation-spring-sca still refer to
> implementation-spring-runtime. We had implementation-spring-runtime in
> 1.x.

+1 for renaming it to implementation-spring-runtime. There was some
debate about this when the original names were done during the work to
isolate all the spring method calls, 1.x did get renamed to
implementation-spring-runtime but it never ended up getting done for
2.x.

   ...ant

Re: Spring extension module name

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.