Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by kaster <k4...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/20 07:33:34 UTC

GAE + CXF Jax-RS + Spring - any success stories?

I cannot get a simple pojo service to load in the GAE whitelist JRE'd local
Jetty, as my service beans apparently want to load using
"management.getObject".  I am new to Spring + CXF's Jax-RS  and hopefully
this will be an obvious problem for more experienced users, and they can
point me in the right direction.

---
Error creating bean with name
'org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.spring.JAXRSServerFactoryBeanDefinitionParser$SpringJAXRSServerFactoryBean--71131619':
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.management.ObjectName is a restricted
class. Please see the Google  App Engine developer's guide for more details.
---

It seems that this seems to be the case regardless of whether I set any
combination properties for cxf Instrumentation in my beans.xml or leave them
out altogether.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Is there a way to use Spring for
service mappings without the context loader listener trying to load beans
this way?  I see in the Camel documentation that there is a gae context
developed for this purpose and the jaxb issue people were experiencing a
while back, and I was wondering if anyone had tried using cxf via camel for
this?

Re: GAE + CXF Jax-RS + Spring - any success stories?

Posted by kaster <k4...@gmail.com>.
I have not tried camel yet.  That was just a thought about maybe one way of
getting CXF working since I saw they reported a GAE compatible version.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 5:13 AM, Sergey Beryozkin-5 [via CXF] <
ml-node+s547215n4821878h34@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> http://ow2-frascati.appspot.com/
>
> deploys CXF, but I'm not sure if Spring is used or not.
> I think Lukash Moren had CXF services deployed to GAE as part of his
> OAuth project and Spring was there...
> I'm wondering if it is Camel that scans the components eagerly - which I
> believe has been fixed in the latest Camel...Can you try deploying
> without Camel to isolate the problem ?
>
> thanks, Sergey
>
> On 20/09/11 06:33, kaster wrote:
>

> > I cannot get a simple pojo service to load in the GAE whitelist JRE'd
> local
> > Jetty, as my service beans apparently want to load using
> > "management.getObject".  I am new to Spring + CXF's Jax-RS  and hopefully
>
> > this will be an obvious problem for more experienced users, and they can
> > point me in the right direction.
> >
> > ---
> > Error creating bean with name
> >
> 'org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.spring.JAXRSServerFactoryBeanDefinitionParser$SpringJAXRSServerFactoryBean--71131619':
>
> > Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.management.ObjectName is a
> restricted
> > class. Please see the Google  App Engine developer's guide for more
> details.
> > ---
> >
> > It seems that this seems to be the case regardless of whether I set any
> > combination properties for cxf Instrumentation in my beans.xml or leave
> them
> > out altogether.
> >
> > Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Is there a way to use Spring for
> > service mappings without the context loader listener trying to load beans
>
> > this way?  I see in the Camel documentation that there is a gae context
> > developed for this purpose and the jaxb issue people were experiencing a
> > while back, and I was wondering if anyone had tried using cxf via camel
> for
> > this?
> >

> > --

Kirk Stephens

Re: GAE + CXF Jax-RS + Spring - any success stories?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi