Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com> on 2017/06/07 10:40:45 UTC

Suggested changes for Apache Ignite Release procedure

Hi, Igniters

I'd start the discussion for following changes of release procedure.
As you may know we provided not source artifacts only but also a set of
binaries that makes using of the release is more friendly namely:
 - binary farbic artifact
 - binary hadoop artifact
 - articats in Apache Ignite Maven repository
 - artifacts for .Net/C++ in NuGet

At the moment we release it by procedure [1] and some actions should be
processed manually (or some semi-automated way) by the release
lead  committer.

I suggest to implement all such tasks on public teamcity as TC
configurations in a special project and allow to run them by the release
lead committer.

Corresponding JIRA issue is [2]

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Release+Process
Sergey Kozlov

Re: Suggested changes for Apache Ignite Release procedure

Posted by Oleg Ostanin <oo...@gridgain.com>.
+1

I have assigned the ticket to myself and I did some preliminary
investigations in this matter. It seems to me the most complicated part
will be configuring tasks in such way that release commiter could use it
without exposing his credentials for Git, SVN and Maven. I suggest we
create an integration user for public Teamcity and grant him permissions to
commit and deploy in the repositories.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org>.