Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ma...@denialofpurpose.com on 2002/03/20 15:17:09 UTC

mod_webapp not loading servlets or jsp

I'm running Apache 1.3.23 and Tomcat 4.0.3. I (apparently) set up mod_webapp successfully, but jsps and servlet still don't seem to work correctly over it. For example,

http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/numguess.jsp works fine.
http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorldServlet works fine.
http://localhost/examples correctly goes to Tomcat for the page.

but,

http://localhost/examples/jsp/numguess.jsp gives me an internal server error from Apache. Can't find anything relevant in the logs. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to go about debugging a situation like this?

Thanks,
Matt Belcher

Re: mod_webapp not loading servlets or jsp

Posted by Rio Ronan <ro...@cimrs1.mnhn.fr>.
Hello Matt,

I have the same problem with Apache 1.3.23 and Tomcat4.0.1 on NT4.
But I had a result with a jsp, I follow the "JSP Quick-Start Guide - Page 5
- A Simple JSP",
from http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/305
This small example should give you an idea.
Good Luck.

Ron.