Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Kyle Flavin <ky...@citrix.com> on 2015/03/30 18:25:57 UTC

Altering VM names upon build

We have an issue where puppet breaks when the first letter of the host name is capitalized, and I'd like to force all hostnames to be lowercase.  Is there a way to hook into Cloudstack, with a script, to alter the hostname before the template gets deployed?

Re: Altering VM names upon build

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
this might be a better question for the dev list. I believe monitoring
events will let you know when that deployment is triggered but by then it
might be too late. You might want to modify the UI input field to either
prevent upper case letters or make the string lower case. might even be
best to figure out why puppet is hurt.