Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/23 19:58:59 UTC

Group chat?

I know that all the Tapestry discussions are supposed to occur on the
mailing lists but on occasion, I think it would be nice to get all the
committers "in one place" online to discuss things more interactively.
 I know this would be tough given the differing time zones.  However,
having a chat every month or so would, I think, really keep things
humming along.

I see this as a chance to plan strategy, set goals, and perhaps do
some design on future APIs.

I'm thinking in terms of IRC or an equivalent service like Campfire
(http://campfirenow.com/ , but preferably something free).

A transcript could be posted to the list after the fact.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Group chat?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:58:59 -0200, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> I know that all the Tapestry discussions are supposed to occur on the
> mailing lists but on occasion, I think it would be nice to get all the
> committers "in one place" online to discuss things more interactively.

I think this would be very good thing to do. Some discussions need quick
answers to be done efficiently.

>  I know this would be tough given the differing time zones.  However,
> having a chat every month or so would, I think, really keep things
> humming along.

Maybe not that tough. Let's try and see what happens. We are distributed
fromo GMT-8 (Howard) to GMT+1 (Igor and Ted) with me in the middle (GMT-3,
now -2  daylight time) Anyone who cannot participate in real time can join
the discussion in the mailing list later, when the transcript is posted.

> I see this as a chance to plan strategy, set goals, and perhaps do
> some design on future APIs.

+1.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I got two invitations. Ulrich was faster. :)

It would also useful to aggregate all the blogs about Tapestry (committers
and users) and publish the url of the aggregator an the Tapestry site. Does
anybody know a good one?

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>wrote:

> on its way :)
> Note: "Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of
> stamps to lick."
>
>    Piero

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de/blog

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
on its way :)

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
I would need an invitation.

+1 for committers chat.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 8:12 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I still have a few Wave invites left if anyone needs them.
>
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> wrote:
> > I'd opt for IRC or Skype. Or if we all have an account, Google Wave.
> >
> > Uli
> >
> > On 23.12.2009 19:58 schrieb Howard Lewis Ship:
> >>
> >> I know that all the Tapestry discussions are supposed to occur on the
> >> mailing lists but on occasion, I think it would be nice to get all the
> >> committers "in one place" online to discuss things more interactively.
> >>  I know this would be tough given the differing time zones.  However,
> >> having a chat every month or so would, I think, really keep things
> >> humming along.
> >>
> >> I see this as a chance to plan strategy, set goals, and perhaps do
> >> some design on future APIs.
> >>
> >> I'm thinking in terms of IRC or an equivalent service like Campfire
> >> (http://campfirenow.com/ , but preferably something free).
> >>
> >> A transcript could be posted to the list after the fact.

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210
> http://howardlewisship.com

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de/blog

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
> I think I still have a few Wave invites left if anyone needs them.

Me too.. just drop me an email if you need some invitations.

     Piero

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
And of course, I'm all for it :-).

Uli

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I've dropped a few things last couple of days; I've gone from
minor bronchitis to an annoying stomach bug, on top of my birthday and
Christmas.

BTW, bug fix releases of Tapestry were top of my birthday gift wish list!

I need to catch up on some work for my clients ...

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> wrote:
> BTW, I got 24 invitations left - if anyone is interested, drop me a note.
>
> Uli
>
> On 27.12.2009 22:30 schrieb Ulrich Stärk:
>>
>> IIRC there is the possibility to somehow "publish" a wave by inviting
>> the "Public" user to the wave.
>>
>> Uli
>>
>> On 27.12.2009 14:57 schrieb Ville Virtanen:
>>>
>>> I'm also very interested to just listen and watch your thought's where
>>> T5 is
>>> heading. I don't have google wave account, but if you think it is good to
>>> let us non-commiters to participate I'm ready.
>>>
>>> - Ville

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Ville Virtanen <vi...@cerion.fi>.

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 18:31, Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org> wrote:

> +1.
> I like the wave idea; I also have some wave invites if anybody needs them.
>
> Robert
>

> On Dec 23, 2009, at 12/2312:58 PM , Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>
>  I know that all the Tapestry discussions are supposed to occur on the
>> mailing lists but on occasion, I think it would be nice to get all the
>> committers "in one place" online to discuss things more interactively.
>> I know this would be tough given the differing time zones.  However,
>> having a chat every month or so would, I think, really keep things
>> humming along.
>>
>> I see this as a chance to plan strategy, set goals, and perhaps do
>> some design on future APIs.
>>
>> I'm thinking in terms of IRC or an equivalent service like Campfire
>> (http://campfirenow.com/ , but preferably something free).
>>
>> A transcript could be posted to the list after the fact.
>>
>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator of Apache Tapestry

>> (971) 678-5210
>> http://howardlewisship.com

Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
+1.

Re: Group chat?

Posted by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com>.
I'm in even though I've been a bit off the grid. Perhaps I can add something to the discussion as someone who uses t5 in production on a LOT of different projects.

Dan Adams
Principal Software Engineer
Interactive Factory
p: 617.235.5857