Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org> on 2013/09/06 19:39:12 UTC

help with publishing 3.10-beta2 to maven

All,
  The vote passed, and I'm trying to publish to maven.  I'm running into some roadblocks.  Any help would be much appreciated (I'll modify the release-guide.txt to ensure the next newbie doesn't run into these issues!).  Questions in >>

Guide (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/tags/REL_3_9/src/documentation/release-guide.txt):

(III) After the vote:

Log-in on people.apache.org

deploy Maven artifacts

{code}

cd build/dist

./mvn-deploy.sh

{code}

>>According to mvn-deploy.sh, I have to have a link to my private key and enter my passphrase in the clear in xml on the people.apache.org server.  Is this my pgp/gpg signing key or a different key?  If pgp, doesn't this conflict with guidance of key security from Apache?  If not, apologies for my denseness.

 2. Make sure that the files are owned by the unix group apcvs and that they are writable by this group.
>> I'm not a member of apcvs and I can't find apcvs in /etc/group.  Is this direction still valid?

Best,

      Tim

RE: help with publishing 3.10-beta2 to maven

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Thank you, Nick!

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Thank you, Nick.  3.10-beta2 is in the Maven repository now.

I don't seem to have permissions to commit to the dist directory...could be typo on my part though and I could be hitting the wrong directory...

Evidence:
1) I can't delete:
tallison@minotaur:~/poi-dist$ svn delete https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/poi/dev/bin --message "deleting dist bin for 3.10-beta1"
Authentication realm: <https://dist.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Password for 'tallison':
svn: E175013: Access to '/repos/dist/!svn/ver/2356/release/poi/dev' forbidden

2) And when I try to co, add files and then commit:
co https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/poi/dev
...copy files...
svn commit --message "trying to add dist for 3.10-beta2"
Adding  (bin)  bin/poi-bin-3.10-beta2-20130904.tar.gz
svn: E195023: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E195023: Changing file '/x1/home/tallison/poi-dist/bin/poi-bin-3.10-beta2-20130904.tar.gz' is forbidden by the server
svn: E175013: Access to '/repos/dist/!svn/ver/2356/release/poi/dev/bin' forbidden

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013, Allison, Timothy B. wrote:
> Log-in on people.apache.org
>
> deploy Maven artifacts
>
> {code}
> cd build/dist
> ./mvn-deploy.sh
> {code}
>
>>> According to mvn-deploy.sh, I have to have a link to my private key
>>> and enter my passphrase in the clear in xml on the people.apache.org
>>> server.  Is this my pgp/gpg signing key or a different key?  If pgp,
>>> doesn't this conflict with guidance of key security from Apache?  If
>>> not, apologies for my denseness.

I think you can do that step on your local machine, not on
people.apache.org . That way, your gpg key remains safe on your local box
not shared

The artifacts, once signed, get pushed via people.apache.org, but I don't
think the script should be run there

> 2. Make sure that the files are owned by the unix group apcvs and that
> they are writable by this group.

That should be "unix group poi"

Nick

Re: help with publishing 3.10-beta2 to maven

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.