Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Bruce Tian <br...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/06 14:05:31 UTC

How to support C#/dotNet ?

Hi folks

Flink is a very  awesome project ! ,I want to develop C# SDK which is similar Java  python SDK . Is there  any protocol between flink with client SDK ?

Re: How to support C#/dotNet ?

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
Hi Tian,

I am not sure whether you want to get such SDK or just want to refer some other existing repos to try to implement your own.
For the former purpose, you can find several non-official projects in github[1], which has not been tested widely.
If you just want to refer to some other existing repos, I could share some experience here. Several years ago, I participated in an open-source project Mobius[2], which offers API for C# on Apache Spark.
The kernel idea is to introduce adapter from C# to call java [3]. Though this project has been deprecated, you can refer to a still active project [4] for more information to see how to support C# API in Flink.

[1] https://github.com/HEF-Sharp/HEF.Flink
[2] https://github.com/microsoft/Mobius
[3] https://github.com/microsoft/Mobius/tree/master/csharp/Adapter
[4] https://github.com/dotnet/spark

Best
Yun Tang

Not exactly what you asked for, but... Have a look at the Apache Beam
project.

Their goal is quite literally any language on any runner (including Flink).

They recently released an initial version in JavaScript "for fun" and it
took about two weeks to develop. To give you an idea of the effort it takes.

Re: How to support C#/dotNet ?

Posted by Cristian Constantinescu <ze...@gmail.com>.