Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Todd <bi...@163.com> on 2016/04/19 07:06:18 UTC

About yarn.scheduler.capacity..disable_preemption

Hi,
There is a configuration property yarn.scheduler.capacity.<queue-path>.disable_preemption that can be configured on a queue.
My question is when I set this property on root.A,does it mean that queue A's resources can't be preempted by other queues, or queue A can't
preempt resources from other queues?

Thanks!

Re: About yarn.scheduler.capacity..disable_preemption

Posted by Eric Payne <er...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Sunil.
Todd, also, please note that in order to enable the preemption feature, the feature's property must be set to true:yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.monitor.enable: true

Then, if you want to turn preemption off for any particular queue, you would then set yarn.scheduler.capacity.<queue-path>.disable_preemption to false. At that point, apps on this particular queue will not be preempted. And, as Sunil said, this value is inherited by child queues.-Eric

Posted by Eric Payne <er...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Sunil.

Posted by Eric Payne <er...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Sunil.