Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by di...@daimlerchrysler.com on 2004/05/07 15:27:21 UTC

missing comma error during sql insert

Hi

Iam new to torque
when evere if u try to insert string data containing single quote

Say ' don't' it gives missing comma as expected

How to avoid this

Error i got during insert

[torque-sql-exec] Failed to execute: INSERT INTO Node
(id,isform,parentid,descri
ption,haschildren,ownerid,createddate,modifieddate,delstatus,workflowstatus,node
typeid,lltypeid,wfdefid) VALUES (165,1,112,'Trying to edit a downloaded
pts-file
 I get a message, that my macro execution security settings don\'t allow
that. W
hat do I do?',0,13,to_date('2001-02-12','yyyy-mm-dd
hh:mi:ss'),to_date('2002-04-
24','yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss'),0,30,3,1,1)
[torque-sql-exec] java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00917: missing comma

please help me

Thanks
Jayaprakash

RE: missing comma error during sql insert

Posted by Thomas Fischer <Fi...@seitenbau.net>.

Hi dir,

I tried to reproduce your error by inserting a single quote in a
varchar-field on an Oracle-Database and it worked.
The fact that Torque tried to escape the single quote with a backslash
rather than with a second single quote could be explained if torque doesn't
know you are using an oracle database.
Did you specify the property
torque.database.nameofdatabase.adapter=oracle
in your torque.properties? (of course replacing nameofdatabase with your
database name)

   Cheers,

           Thomas