Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by am...@yahoo.com on 2006/07/11 19:37:33 UTC

Payments tab in Billing Account.

Hi,
When a BillingAccount is selected. The EditBillingAccount screen has a tab for Payment. The Code behind it finds all the payments applied to a BillingAccount.

When should a Payment be applied to BillingAccount?
How will this payment apply to Invoice?

Regards
Anil Patel

Regards
Motel Imperial Moses Lake          Motel The Sundowner In Quincy
www.motelimperial.com              www.motelsundowner.com
SPEND A NIGHT - NOT A FORTUNE      SPEND A NIGHT - NOT A FORTUNE

Re: Payments tab in Billing Account.

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
David,

I just checked this out.  If you create a return for store credit, a
Payment was created and applied to the Return Invoice, and then a
separate PaymentApplication was created with the billingAccountId.
Later when the billing account was used to pay for an order, a
Payment was created and applied to the Sales Invoice, then a separate
PaymentApplication was created with the BillingAccountId.  So in each
case a PaymentApplication was created with the billingAccountId and
no invoiceId.

I hope this clears it up.

Si

Posted by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com>.
I wrote the payment applicationprogram some time ago. When using the screens
the payment can be applied to another payment, invoice or taxGeoId or billing
account. Currently the payment can only be applied once: so when it is
applied to an invoice it cannot also be applied to a billing account,
taxAuthGeoId or other payment.

I can help you change this, but need to know how it should work exactly.
Is it only the billing account which can be assigned additionaly or does this
apply to the taxAuthGeoId too?

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

Posted by Leon Torres <le...@oss.minimetria.com>.

David E. Jones wrote:

> Side note: it looks like Si is looking at this stuff and fixed in rev
> 421016 the initial BillingAccount creation (from briefly looking at the
> patch appears that the currency UOM was missing).

That's right, this turned out to be the bug that was preventing the
BillingAccounts from showing up in the payment method selection of ordermgr and
ecommerce checkout.  Now customers can get store credit for a return and select
that credit as a payment method.

- Leon

Re: Payments tab in Billing Account.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Side note: it looks like Si is looking at this stuff and fixed in rev 421016 the initial BillingAccount creation (from briefly looking at the patch appears that the currency UOM was missing).

For the general process: it should not be necessary to un-apply the Payment from the BillingAccount before applying it to an Invoice. The UI should really not count PaymentApplications without an invoiceId on them.

I should also note, just in case it isn't doing this... that Payment applications should maintain the billingAccountId when applied to an invoice if either the Payment or the Invoice was associated with that BillingAccount before.

I hope that helps more than confuses or inconveniences...

Posted by am...@yahoo.com.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

amailx-ofbiz@yahoo.com wrote:

> Or Is it that,
> If a Invoice is applied to a BillingAccount,  Payment should be applied to Invoice and also set BillingAccountId in PaymentApplication record. So that the total Invoice amount and Payment amount whould balance for a BillingAccount number.

This is correct. If you find it's not doing that in the current code, something is wrong.

-David

Re: Payments tab in Billing Account.

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
Why don't you follow the steps I suggested and look at the entities?

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
Anil,

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.