Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by codedummy <co...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/16 17:15:03 UTC

Apache2 Tomcat with virtual server => images do not load everytime I press reload + Broken Webserver Root

Hallo,

Here is my apache2 conf.
------------------------
NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName www.domain1.de
    ServerAlias www.x1.domain1.de www.x2.domain1.de www.domain2.de

    Alias /images/ "/export/www/domain1/images/"
    <Directory "/export/www/domain1/images/">
    </Directory>

    <Location "/servlet">
 JkUriSet group ajp13:localhost:8009
    </Location>

#    <Location "/">
# JkUriSet group ajp13:localhost:8009
#    </Location>

</VirtualHost>
------------------------
and a small servlet "Homepage"

using url:
www.domain1.de/servlet/Homepage

First Problem:
The servlet "Hompage" prints out some urls inside a frame to eg. /images/clear.gif, /images/home.gif, etc

Pressing reload in this configuration with images from .../domain1/files folder (especially small
ones like clear.gif) leads to unavailable (x) images.

Second Problem:
If I want to redirect the server root (Location "/") to my servlet i get no images at all.
(just uncomment the Location Block)

Any ideas, whats wrong...

Thanks and Greetings
Peter