Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Haruki Okada <oc...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/22 07:17:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-764 Configurable backlog size for creating Acceptor

Hi, Kafka.

I proposed KIP-764, which tries to add new KafkaConfig to adjust Acceptor's
backlog size.
As described in the KIP and the ticket KAFKA-9648, currently backlog size
is fixed value (50) and it may not be enough to handle incoming connections
from massive clients.

So we would like to make it configurable.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-764%3A+Configurable+backlog+size+for+creating+Acceptor

--
========================
Okada Haruki

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-764 Configurable backlog size for creating Acceptor

Posted by Haruki Okada <oc...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Mao.

> we should name the property socket.listen.backlog.size for better clarity

Sounds good to me. I updated the KIP to name the property as
`socket.listen.backlog.size` .

--
Okada Haruki

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-764 Configurable backlog size for creating Acceptor

Posted by David Mao <dm...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
Hi Haruki,

Posted by Haruki Okada <oc...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Kafka.