Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> on 2008/01/09 22:26:22 UTC

RE: web.xml configured correctly, but still getting '404...resourcenot found'

> From: cuco2772 [mailto:poaa27@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: web.xml configured correctly, but still getting
> '404...resourcenot found'
>
> The guide I've been using for trying to set this up is the
> coreservlets book by Marty Hall. He says set the classpath
> but the info there is for tomcat 4.

Even then, that was a really bad suggestion.

> Are you saying I could just get rid of the classpath
> environment variable entirely and it wouldn't make any
> difference ?

It might make things better, certainly no worse.

> (I did set it to where the jvm is)

That should never be done, under any circumstances.  The JVM knows where
its files are, you don't have to tell it.

> So its saying Context startup failed, but I have no idea
> how to determine what the 'previous errors' are.

Anything in the other log files?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.