Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com> on 2004/07/03 15:43:45 UTC

Re: Style task using bad path

Bertalan Fodor wrote:

>Hello, I'm using the <style> task to make doc for my new software called
>Foo.
>My stylesheet imports a stylesheet, which imports another stylesheet
>like this:
>Foo\src\my.xsl: <xsl:import
>href='d:/prog/docbook-xsl-1.65.1/html/chunk.xsl'/>

The file path is not valid. It should be something like:

file://d:/blah/blah

or even better use a relative path.

What you are doing should produce a path that looks like:

/path/to/xslfile/d:/prog/docbook...

>chunk.xsl: <xsl:import href='docbook.xsl'>
>
>When I'm running ant I get the following:
>resolve: 'docbook.xsl' with base:
>'d:/prog/docbook-xsl-1.65.1/html/chunk.xsl'
>No matching catalog entry found, parser will use: 'docbook.xsl'
>    [style] d:/prog/docbook-xsl-1.65.1/html/chunk.xsl:18:33: Error! Had
>IO Exception with stylesheet file: docbook.xsl Cause:
>java.io.FileNotFoundException: d:\Foo\src\docbook.xsl
>
>It can't find the file, because it is looking for it in the wrong place.
>It's looking in the directory where Ant was called from (d:\Foo\src) and
>not the directory of the importing chunk.xsl
>(d:\prog\docbook-xsl-1.65.1/html)
>
>My files are perfectly processed with xsltproc without any
>modifications.

xsltproc is wrong.

best,
-Rob

RE: Style task using bad path

Posted by Bertalan Fodor <fo...@freemail.hu>.
Thank you, using relative paths something better happens. Anyway, I ran into
another problem (that can be called style task using bad path), because I'm
generating the files from:

c:\My Documents\Foo

and ant (or the xslt engine) puts the new file into:

c:\My%20Documents\Foo

i.e. in a wrong directory.

Is there any solution for this?

> xsltproc is wrong.

May be, but again worked as I expected :-)

Bert