Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tim Clotworthy <tc...@bka-inc.com> on 2003/05/21 21:48:02 UTC

problem with JAASRealm

Ok, I have been trying to get my user auth to work with JAASRealm
(Tomcat4.1, Struts1.1). I have the following entry in my Tomcat
server.xml file (within the Engine node):

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm" debug="2"
userClassNames="com.hotapp.jaas.authentication.FESUserPrincipal"
roleClassNames="com.hotapp.jaas.authentication.FESRolePrincipal"
appName="FESLogin" />

This is the only realm entry in the file. There are no realm entries in
any lower level files. I know the JAAS authentication is working through
my login module because the user gets authenticated, but when I try to
access a restricted action (using Struts1.1, processRoles method for
user auth), the processRoles method spews out the following error:

[2003-05-21 14:50:38,330][fes][DEBUG][Thread-5][action.RequestProcessor]
-  User 'null' does not have any required role, denying access

obviously implying that neither the user principal info, nor the role
principal was loaded into container by the JAASRealm.

I do not know how to diagnose this problem, as I don't know how to tell
whether JAASRealm is even being used as I am assuming. Any ideas for how
to diagnose this?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.