Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2011/06/10 15:30:50 UTC

uima website external resources updated with uima-fr.org, DKPRO and uimaFIT

See http://uima.apache.org/external-resources.html

-Marshall

Re: uima website external resources updated with uima-fr.org, DKPRO and uimaFIT

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
done. Thanks. -Marshall

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ec...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
> See http://uima.apache.org/external-resources.html

Thank you so much!

Would you mind changing the links in the DKPro and uimaFIT sections though? Having the full URLs visible on the page looks a bit ugly and constitutes a break in style compared to the other items on the page. I suppose I should have submitted real HTML in the first place...

=== The DKPro section should be ===

is a collection of UIMA-based components and provides APIs and components of basic pre-processing and NLP
analysis tasks such as tokenization, part-of-speech tagging, parsing etc. It also provides support for several file formats such as text, WSDL, XML, or PDF. Due to licensing issues the project is sub-divided into
<ul>
<li><a href="http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl" target="_blank">DKPro Core ASL</a> - components under the Apache Software License v2 </li>
<li><a href="http://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-gpl" target="_blank">DKPro Core GPL</a> - components under the GNU Public License v3</li>
</ul>

=== The uimaFIT section it should be ===

is a library that provides factories, injection,
and testing utilities for UIMA. It provides a convenient Java API
for using UIMA in Java projects without having to deal with XML descriptors.

=== uima-fr.org ===

Also, while I cannot speak authoritatively on this, I believe that Nicolas meant by [uima-fr.org http://www.uima-fr.org/] a link like:

I am sorry for the additional inconvenience.

Best regards,

-- Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de