Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by sudhakar sankar <sa...@rediffmail.com> on 2001/10/16 06:17:44 UTC

How do I use the latest version of FOP with Cocoon1.8?

Hai,

i am new to Cocoon. Now, i am using Cocoon 1.8 build. I want to upgrade the FOP version to the lastest current version. how can i do that? Please help me

Thanks in Advance

With Regards

sankarjune14

Re: AW: How do I use the latest version of FOP with Cocoon1.8?

Posted by Martin Man <Ma...@seznam.cz>.
On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 03:21:51PM +0200, Adnan Zelkanovic wrote:
> Could someone give me more infos about that?
> Because, it's very, very interesting.
"Important" is not measured by the amount of money you have, how much your
question is worth to your company or how desperate you are
for an answer, rather, it is measured by how much you contribute to
the linux kernel."

quoted from www.tux.org/lkml section 3, replace linux kernel with cocoon2
in this case...

> I only need FOP higher than 0.15; if I can
> run it without installing Cocoon2 I would be very happy.
> So, please, if anybody now about it, don't hesitate to post.
maybe checking fop lists ???

Re: AW: AW: AW: How do I use the latest version of FOP with Cocoon1.8?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Adnan Zelkanovic wrote:

> Because I only need the newest FOP, not the newest Cocoon.
> And 2nd reason: Cocoon2 is to difficult to handle with, because of Tomcat.

Please elaborate this.

Stefano.

AW: AW: AW: How do I use the latest version of FOP with Cocoon1.8?

Posted by Adnan Zelkanovic <a....@allgaeu.net>.

Re: AW: AW: How do I use the latest version of FOP with Cocoon1.8?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Adnan Zelkanovic wrote:

> Could someone give me more infos about that?
> Because, it's very, very interesting.
> I only need FOP higher than 0.15; if I can
> run it without installing Cocoon2 I would be very happy.
> So, please, if anybody now about it, don't hesitate to post.

Why don't you want to use Cocoon version 2?

AW: AW: How do I use the latest version of FOP with Cocoon1.8?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Oh, sorry,

I didn't express myself very clearly: as far as I know, there
does not exist a patch for this. You have to write your own
patch or find someone who's willing to do so! Sorry!

Carsten

Posted by Adnan Zelkanovic <a....@allgaeu.net>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
As far as I know, the FOP team changed the interfaces somewhere
after 0.15. So if you want to use Cocoon 1.8, you have to
patch it to support the latest FOP.
The right place to get to know what has changed might be the FOP
mail archive/mailing list.

HTH
Carsten