Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Frederic D <fr...@yahoo.fr> on 2005/09/16 14:12:10 UTC

encoding password

Hi !

Is it possible to encode password "client side" and
decode password "server side" ? I need to have a non
coded password in my java method deployed as a WS but
during transaction between client and server, the
password must be encoded.

Thanks.

Re: encoding password

Posted by Jesús Daniel Blázquez Carazo <jd...@gfi-info.com>.
I think you can use wss4j Apache project.

This project includes XML-Signature and XML-Encryption in SOAP message.

Re: encoding password

Posted by Guy Rixon <gt...@ast.cam.ac.uk>.
You could send the password in clear text and encode the entire message stream
using HTTPS.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Frederic D wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Is it possible to encode password "client side" and
> decode password "server side" ? I need to have a non
> coded password in my java method deployed as a WS but
> during transaction between client and server, the
> password must be encoded.
>
> Thanks.

> Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger
> Téléchargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

Guy Rixon 				        gtr@ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523