Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2007/06/12 18:30:05 UTC

Apache Camel 1.0 Release Candidate 1 is available for review

Hi Everyone,

I've built and deployed maven 1 and maven 2 artifacts for the camel
1.0 release here:
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-camel-1.0-RC1/

For those folks just looking for a binary distro, it's located here:
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-camel-1.0-RC1/maven2/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.0/

The SVN tag used to build the release was:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/tags/camel-1.0

This is our first shot at a Camel release so please help us make sure
that there no missing parts.  If everything looks good, let us know
and perhaps this can become the official release.

Regards,
Hiram

Re: Apache Camel 1.0 Release Candidate 1 is available for review

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I have updated the template header on the CAMEL wiki so that every
edit page show the following at the top: "When you contribute content
to this Wiki, you grant a license to the ASF for inclusion in ASF
works (as per the Apache Software License)."

see:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Index

I'm thinking that with that and if we secure the space so that only
committers have access, then we are really sqeaky clean.  We might
even be able to relax the needing to be a committer restriction.

Regards.
Hiram

On 6/15/07, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> I think the big issues is that for it to be properly AL 2.0 licenced,
> we need to make sure the contributors have a CLA on file.
>
> For now I think we should apply a security policy to the space that
> only allows users with registered CLA on file apply changes.
>
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> On 6/15/07, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/14/07, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> > > Hey I just did a little more hacking and if you add this to you maven
> > > command line:
> > > "-P release"
> > > then it will download the camel website and include it in the binary
> > > distros under /doc/website
> > >
> > > Not sure if we should use this for the 1.0 release since I'm not sure
> > > if there would LICENSE issues to worry about by including website
> > > content which is wiki driven.  Perhaps we should start including the
> > > AL 2.0 copyright headers on the wiki pages so that contributors know
> > > that any contributions would be under that LICENSE.  Thoughts?
> >
> > FWIW all the HTML files already have ASL headers :)
> > --
> > James
> > -------
> > http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
> >

> --
> Regards,
> Hiram
>
> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Apache Camel 1.0 Release Candidate 1 is available for review

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I think the big issues is that for it to be properly AL 2.0 licenced,
we need to make sure the contributors have a CLA on file.

For now I think we should apply a security policy to the space that
only allows users with registered CLA on file apply changes.

Regards,
Hiram

On 6/15/07, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/14/07, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> > Hey I just did a little more hacking and if you add this to you maven
> > command line:
> > "-P release"
> > then it will download the camel website and include it in the binary
> > distros under /doc/website
> >
> > Not sure if we should use this for the 1.0 release since I'm not sure
> > if there would LICENSE issues to worry about by including website
> > content which is wiki driven.  Perhaps we should start including the
> > AL 2.0 copyright headers on the wiki pages so that contributors know
> > that any contributions would be under that LICENSE.  Thoughts?
>
> FWIW all the HTML files already have ASL headers :)
> --
> James
> -------
> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Apache Camel 1.0 Release Candidate 1 is available for review

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 6/14/07, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hey I just did a little more hacking and if you add this to you maven
> command line:
> "-P release"
> then it will download the camel website and include it in the binary
> distros under /doc/website

Awesome! :)

> Not sure if we should use this for the 1.0 release since I'm not sure
> if there would LICENSE issues to worry about by including website
> content which is wiki driven.  Perhaps we should start including the
> AL 2.0 copyright headers on the wiki pages so that contributors know
> that any contributions would be under that LICENSE.  Thoughts?

Its a good point; up to now I've not seen much ASL inside HTMl documentation

--
James
-------

Re: Apache Camel 1.0 Release Candidate 1 is available for review

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

On 6/13/07, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW I've hacked the distro a bit to include the examples in the binary
> (along with a few readme files). For now the examples are using the
> maven build; at some point we could include a little Ant script to
> allow folks to run the examples using the jars included in the distro.
>
> More important going forward is the need for more examples :)
>
> On 6/13/07, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/12/07, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> > > I thew up the http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Camel+1.0+Release
> > > wiki page for the release.  Feel free to update it with more info
> > > about the release.
> > >
> > > Also, I've just committed a fix where some -test.jar did not have a
> > > License or Notice file in them.  This will make it into RC 2.
> >
> > I've tidied up a bunch more license headers etc. Also have moved the
> > eclipse IDE into a separate area that we can release separately, or
> > move back, when its ready. (Its still kinda experimental).
> >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/ide/
> >
> > So we're looking much better from the RAT perspective
> > --
> > James
> > -------
> > http://macstrac.blogspot.com/
> >

> --
> James
> -------
> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Apache Camel 1.0 Release Candidate 1 is available for review

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
James
-------

Re: Apache Camel 1.0 Release Candidate 1 is available for review

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I thew up the http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Camel+1.0+Release
wiki page for the release.  Feel free to update it with more info
about the release.

Also, I've just committed a fix where some -test.jar did not have a
License or Notice file in them.  This will make it into RC 2.

On 6/12/07, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've built and deployed maven 1 and maven 2 artifacts for the camel
> 1.0 release here:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-camel-1.0-RC1/
>
> For those folks just looking for a binary distro, it's located here:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-camel-1.0-RC1/maven2/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.0/
>
> The SVN tag used to build the release was:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/tags/camel-1.0
>
> This is our first shot at a Camel release so please help us make sure
> that there no missing parts.  If everything looks good, let us know
> and perhaps this can become the official release.
>
> Regards,
> Hiram

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Apache Camel 1.0 Release Candidate 1 is available for review

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I thew up the http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Camel+1.0+Release
wiki page for the release.  Feel free to update it with more info
about the release.

Also, I've just committed a fix where some -test.jar did not have a
License or Notice file in them.  This will make it into RC 2.

On 6/12/07, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've built and deployed maven 1 and maven 2 artifacts for the camel
> 1.0 release here:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-camel-1.0-RC1/
>
> For those folks just looking for a binary distro, it's located here:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-camel-1.0-RC1/maven2/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.0/
>
> The SVN tag used to build the release was:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/tags/camel-1.0
>
> This is our first shot at a Camel release so please help us make sure
> that there no missing parts.  If everything looks good, let us know
> and perhaps this can become the official release.
>
> Regards,
> Hiram

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com