Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by junker66 <gm...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/06 21:39:28 UTC

NullPointerException thrown by CXFServlet

I'm getting the following error while deploying a service in tomcat:

Mar 6, 2008 3:09:50 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
SEVERE: StandardWrapper.Throwable
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableConfigApplicationContext.setConfigLocations(AbstractRefreshableConfigApplicationContext.java:78)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:137)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext.<init>(BusApplicationContext.java:68)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusFactory.createBus(SpringBusFactory.java:84)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusFactory.createBus(SpringBusFactory.java:65)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusFactory.createBus(SpringBusFactory.java:54)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet.loadSpringBus(CXFServlet.java:101)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet.loadBus(CXFServlet.java:63)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractCXFServlet.init(AbstractCXFServlet.java:86)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1161)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:981)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4058)

what could be the issue here?
any help is appreciated.

thanks,
gary

Re: NullPointerException thrown by CXFServlet

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
My version works: http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/date/20071019

Perhaps you can see a delta between what you are doing and what I am doing
that will help you spot the error.

Glen

Posted by junker66 <gm...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, I am using spring 2.5.2 and with the latest 2.0.5 snapshot, the error
went away and the service is now up and running.  Thanks for your help.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Spring 2.5.2 or 2.0.x?

--
J. Daniel Kulp