Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pratyul Kapoor <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/04 15:25:45 UTC

Problems while Searching Plural Form of Verb

Hello,

I am facing a problem with plural form of words.
My Index has words in its singular form. And If I search for plural form of
word, I get zero results.

Is there any way in solr by which I can fix this.

Pratyul

Re: Problems while Searching Plural Form of Verb

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Use a stemmer, such as the English Plural-only
stemmer,EnglishMinimalStemFilterFactory.

See:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/analyzers-common/org/apache/lucene/analysis/en/EnglishMinimalStemFilterFactory.html
and
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/analyzers-common/org/apache/lucene/analysis/en/EnglishMinimalStemmer.html