Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/07 17:50:30 UTC

Rake Setup?

It's been a while since I ran Buildr from trunk.  I tried today and I'm
discovering that the setup task for Buildr's Rakefile appears to be missing
(note: this also affects the stage task, which depends on setup).  Has setup
been replaced with something or is it just gone?

Daniel

Re: Rake Setup?

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.
Works well.  Faster than rake setup was, too!

Daniel

Re: Rake Setup?

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> It's been a while since I ran Buildr from trunk.  I tried today and I'm
>> discovering that the setup task for Buildr's Rakefile appears to be
>> missingt
>>
>> (note: this also affects the stage task, which depends on setup).  Has
>> setup
>> been replaced with something or is it just gone?
>>

> Welcome back :)
>
> We're using bundler now to manage dependencies so you'll want to run
> "bundle install" and either set up your environment to automatically pick up
> the bundled gems (e.g. http://effectif.com/ruby/automating-bundle-exec though
> there are many other ways) or run everything prefixed with "bundle exec".
>
> Hadn't noticed state task is broken, I'll take a look.

s/state/stage.

fixed.

Re: Rake Setup?

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.