Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Williamson, Siehnai" <sw...@docucorp.com> on 2001/08/17 20:39:10 UTC

UTF-16, UCS-4 encodings

Hi,

I'm trying to parse (SAX parser) a document utilizing the UTF-16 encoding,
but I keep getting an error.
It appears that the line in XMLReader::XMLReader()

	fEncoding = XMLRecognizer::basicEncodingProbe(...)

always returns fEncoding = UTF-8, eventhough the document's encoding is
UTF-16.  Then I get a contradictory encoding error message.   This also
happens when I use UCS-4 encoding.   I am currently using Xerces version
4.0.  Is anyone having the same errors?  Please help.

Siehnai Williamson
DocuCorp International, Inc.