Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/22 04:30:56 UTC

[GSoC] Accepted Student Proposals for 2008 Announced

It's now official, Google has announced the accepted student proposals
for 2008 [1] and the ASF accepted proposals is also available [2].It's
very good to see that all the effort done by the Tuscany Community has
now materialized as 6 excellent proposals accepted.

I'd also want to take this opportunity to welcome the new students to
the community, and of course, thanks for all the Tuscany Community
that steeped up as mentors and are going to be helping these students
trough out  the summer and hopefully for a much bigger period of time.

See below the Apache Tuscany approved student proposals

Tuscany SCA Support in the Geronimo Admin Console
by Thilina Mahesh Buddhika, mentored by Ant Elder

Simplify the development of Map/Reduce applications and their
integration with various sources of information
by Christopher Trezzo, mentored by Jean-Sebastien Delfino

Allow Google Android applications to easily consume business services
(version 2.0 - 6Apr2008 @17.50)
by Oscar Castaneda, mentored by Adriano Crestani Campos

Integrate Google Services in SCA Compositions
by Douglas Siqueira Leite, mentored by Luciano Resende

CORBA support for Apache Tuscany
by Wojtek, mentored by Zhaohui Feng

Integrate Google services in SCA compositions(Apache Tuscany)
by Haibo Zhao, mentored by Luciano Resende

[1] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/
[2] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/asf/about.html

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: [GSoC] Accepted Student Proposals for 2008 Announced

Posted by Oscar Castaneda <os...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,
I was very excited to see the results yesterday! I would like to thank the
Apache Tuscany community, especially the mentors for GSoc. Their help was
vital in creating my proposal.

I will work hard to complete this project successfully. I'm looking forward
to this great opportunity!

best,
-oscar

Posted by Oscar Castaneda <os...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

Posted by Thilina Buddhika <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
It is a great pleasure to get accepted for GSoC 2008 and to continue with
Tuscany Community. I make this an opportunity to thank the Tuscany community
for their great support to make this a success. All the suggestions and
incentives given by the community were really helpful. I would like thank
especially to my mentor, Ant for his  massive support through out the past
few weeks.

I will try level best to complete this project with a high quality. I am
sure Tuscany community will help me with the the future work as well.

Thanks.

best regards,
/ thilina

Posted by Douglas Leite <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello community,

I would like to thank my mentor Luciano and my friend Adriano for
encouraging me to sent a proposal to the GSoC 2008. I am very glad to be
accepted, and also I am looking forward to start the work!
I hope I can reach all my goals, and develop a great work.

Congratulations for all accepted students!  :)

--
Douglas Siqueira Leite
Computer Science Master's degree student of University of Campinas (Unicamp)

Re: [GSoC] Accepted Student Proposals for 2008 Announced

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Wojtek.

I just committed the corba-binding module with some skeleton code under
r652077. Please take a look. You can probably use it as a base to add all
the concrete logic to support CORBA binding at both the reference and
service side.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Wojtek Janiszewski <wo...@gmail.com>.