Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Oleg Khaschansky <ol...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/16 21:05:55 UTC

Why zeroconf service discovery was removed from ambari?

Hi all,

In HMS there was a zeroconf-based bootstrap mechanism. As I understand, it
was possible to move a cluster in a new network environment (e.g. a new
domain) and slaves will still be able to find a master using jmDNS or avahi
or DNS-SD provided by a DNS server. Is there any particular reason why this
functionality has been removed from ambari? How is it possible to
reassemble the cluster after moving it to another domain?

  Oleg

Re: Why zeroconf service discovery was removed from ambari?

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Oleg,
 You might want to take a look at:
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-1377