Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by mohmmadanis moulavi <an...@yahoo.co.in> on 2011/11/14 08:39:10 UTC

how to start tasktracker only on single port

Hello,

Friends I am using Hadoop 0.20.2 version,
My problem is whenever I kill the tasktracker and start it again, jobtrakcer shows one extra tasktracker (the one which is killed & the other which has started afterwords)
I want to do it like this,
Whenever I kill the tasktracker it will stop sending the heartbeats, but when I again start tasktracker, It should start again sendingĀ  heartbeats, i.e it should start that tasktrakcer on same port as that of before,
what changes should I made in configuration parameters for that, please let me know it

Thanks & Regads,
Mohmmadanis Moulavi

Re: how to start tasktracker only on single port

Posted by mohmmadanis moulavi <an...@yahoo.co.in>.
yeah, I mean kill as stop tasktracker.

please explain the reason to kill (I assume kill -9) a tasktracker. The
best way is to use the start / stop scripts.

best,
Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

*P **Think of the environment: please don't print this email unless you
really need to.*

Re: how to start tasktracker only on single port

Posted by "Alexander C.H. Lorenz" <wg...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Wei Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
It seems you are looking for
the parameter "mapred.task.tracker.report.address". Set to a fixed port
number 127.0.0.1:50050 (for example) and try it.

Wei

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM, mohmmadanis moulavi <

Posted by mohmmadanis moulavi <an...@yahoo.co.in>.
@harsh J
I got it frm Wel Wu,
It can be done using "mapred.task.tracker.report.address" parameter.
Thanks for your reply

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.